Saturday, May 13, 2017

Lyreah


LYREAH
   1 Vendumar has requested us to write our unfiltered thoughts about the great departure, and I Lyreah-Amaya do so at this time.  I remember it well as it was only six weeks ago.  But it cuts me even now.  I had longed to see the sea, for Rivendell was all I knew, and as beautiful as it was, I longed for more.  The journey here to the Grey Havens was bearable, but not without its harsh issues.  My desire of seeing the sea ended with those great sails being unfurled and leaving us behind.  I cried inside.  Then I cried aloud.  Mother and father perished in the Ring War, and I had none to comfort me, save my grandfather and brother.  I was bitter and distant from them for denying me such passage.  I was angry.  I ignored grandfather’s comforting words and gave him only silence in return.  Seraphim, my older brother by two years, was eager for a new beginning and gave me little heed but desired his books.  When grandfather died, I could not take back my silence nor my severe words.  I felt bitter at myself and those regrets still haunt me in my dreams. 
   2 I did not comprehend as to why the choice was taken from me, but in that struggle to gain my own path and journey have I grown stronger through, in gratitude unto Illuva the One Eru, for his strength from above.


No comments:

Post a Comment