Saturday, May 13, 2017

Vendumar


VENDUMAR’S ACCOUNT
  1 TO bear my intent up front is to disclose the truth from the beginning.  It was as if a conspiracy to bond one to another, not to be continuous with one another nor with those who later departed; which certainly came to pass.  The grandson of Symodare, Searifim devised characters renewed and for our bonded peers alone.  Our words at first were a play on the Eldar speech, but soon its vocabulary grew as did our intent with depth and earnest desire to remain behind.  Sinenya was our coded speech for not desiring to leave Eriduah; even as the Great Departure had not yet come and the Ring War yet to see its great climaxed, but still we planned for its aftermath.  We longed for the Grey City from the very beginning even as others desired only a journey of no return to the Undying Lands of death.  Beyond the rim of the world and its unknown realm, where we filled with apprehensions; seeing that only twenty and one remained behind even at the loss of our families.
   2 AS I chose to manifest a life on my own, my very brother, Sheldamar thought me too bold, idealistic and controlling.  His manner changed when I stood my ground at being hard pressed to board his vessel.  I beheld in the faces of Lindol an envy of us, and wonder to learn; thus birthed my cause for remaining.  To be a teacher unto those lesser men than we as they were eager students.


No comments:

Post a Comment